A prestigious Private Bilingual School in Beijing is seeking to appoint a highly skilled and passionate English Teacher. The successful candidate will join one of the most exciting educational projects of our time – namely the education of Chinese nationals in a bilingual context.
There are tremendous professional opportunities for teachers wishing to bring their cutting-edge practices to the most rapidly developing country in the world and it is an exciting moment in the development and expansion of this school. Following the incredible success of their Primary School which opened in 2017, their Secondary School opened for the 2021-2022 academic year and offers incoming staff a unique opportunity to be part of a new and growing team whilst benefitting from established foundations.
- To plan, prepare and deliver schemes of work in accordance with the academic programmes set out by the school.
- To assess and maintain records of children’s progress in learning, using this information to ensure that each child has the opportunity to succeed.
- To manage the classroom environment so that it is a stimulating, well-resourced and orderly space which supports and encourages learning.
- To use all relevant technology to support learning, understanding and development.
- To evaluate learning experiences and outcomes for children’s continual improvement.
- To develop the best combination of international and Chinese approaches to deliver a personalised bilingual curriculum.
- To work co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff.
- To participate in departmental, school-based and parental meetings.
- Monday – Friday
- 24 lessons per week – each lesson is 40 minutes long (16 teaching hours per week)
- Typical school term schedule
Salary & Benefits
- Salary – 250,000RMB – 438,000RMB per year
- Comprehensive medical cover for teacher, spouse and dependents
- Annual flights for teacher, spouse and dependents
- Housing allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Full remission for tuition fees of staff children
- Bachelor’s degree
- PGCE / QTS or equivalent
- Must have at least two years of teaching experience
- Experience working with children who have English as an additional language
- Native English speaker – Must hold a passport from AUS, CAN, IRE, NZ, SA, UK or USA
- Clean criminal record
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.