A prestigious Private Bilingual School in Shanghai is seeking to appoint a highly skilled and passionate classroom teacher of English for the Middle and Secondary Schools. The successful candidate will be joining one of the most exciting educational projects of our time – namely the education of Chinese nationals in a bilingual context. As it will continue to grow in the 2022 – 2023 academic year, this school offers tremendous professional opportunities for teachers wishing to bring their cutting-edge practices to the most rapidly developing country in the world.
The School’s mission is to nurture global Chinese citizens, who develop an appreciation for the international context, whilst ensuring they hold onto their cultural heritage. This school believes that education creates character and focuses on personal development and progress in equal measure to academics.
The School benefits from exceptional facilities on its campus including:
- A bilingual library
- Specialist teaching classrooms such as art studios and science laboratories
- A multi-functional theatre
- Excellent indoor sports areas for tennis, football and basketball
- To plan, prepare and deliver schemes of work in accordance with the academic programmes set out by the school.
- To assess and maintain records of children’s progress in learning, using this information to ensure that each child has the opportunity to succeed.
- To manage the classroom environment so that it is a stimulating, well-resourced and orderly space which supports and encourages learning.
- To use all relevant technology to support learning, understanding and development.
- To evaluate learning experiences and outcomes for children’s continual improvement.
- To develop the best combination of international and Chinese approaches to deliver a personalised bilingual curriculum.
- To work co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff.
- To participate in departmental, school-based and parental meetings.
- Monday – Friday
- 24 lessons per week – each lesson is 40 minutes long (16 teaching hours per week)
- Typical school term schedule
Salary & Benefits
- Salary – 250,000RMB – 438,000RMB per year
- Comprehensive medical cover for teacher, spouse and dependents
- Annual flights for teacher, spouse and dependents
- Housing allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Full remission for tuition fees of staff children
- Bachelor’s degree
- PGCE / QTS or equivalent
- Must have at least two years of teaching experience
- Experience working with children who have English as an additional language
- Native English speaker – Must hold a passport from AUS, CAN, IRE, NZ, SA, UK or USA
- Clean criminal record
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.