This Western-managed Kindergarten is currently seeking Homeroom Teachers to join one of its three International Preschool campuses in Shanghai. They provide a developmentally appropriate learning environment where the emotional, social, physical, and intellectual needs of all children’s learning are met in a safe, creative, and nurturing environment.
They use a combination of play-based and literacy activities to help foster self-esteem, critical thinking, problem-solving, and leadership in an environment that includes a structured routine, and open discovery preschool learning activities. Overall they have students from over 20 nationalities and all of their campuses are custom designed to be environmentally friendly, with abundant space, ample natural light, communal dining halls, and large outdoor play areas.
They are one of the premier International Kindergartens in China and have a reputation for enabling staff to progress in their careers. So if you’re looking for a school that offers long-term career progression opportunities, within an early years education setting, then this role may be perfect for you!
- Teach children in an international, bilingual preschool learning environment.
- Responsible for leading all subject area lessons in English.
- Facilitate lessons using a variety of school-provided materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Teach basic skills such as colour, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour, and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organise and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Monday – Friday
- 8.30am – 4.30pm
Salary & Benefits
- Salary – 24,000 – 26,000RMB per month (after tax)
- All Chinese and Western holidays, plus 4 weeks of paid summer vacation
- Career development opportunities within teaching, training and development, or management
- Medical insurance provided
- Chinese Z visa provided, with any visa costs reimbursed
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate
- Native English speaker – Must hold a passport from AUS, CAN, IRE, NZ, SA, UK or USA
- Clean criminal record
- One year of teaching experience is preferred, but not essential
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.