A prestigious Private Bilingual School in Qingdao is seeking to appoint an outstanding Key Stage 1 or 2 Classroom Teacher. This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious bilingual school, in an inspiring environment.
This school opened in August 2018, quickly occupying its place as a premier school within Qingdao. Designed in the architectural style of a traditional British boarding school, it was initially launched as a primary school with a view to growing organically into an all-through 3-18 setting – now operating at both primary and secondary levels, it is an exciting time to join an established and thriving school community as it continues to grow. This school delivers a unique dual immersion curriculum, blending the best of the Chinese National Curriculum with British education.
- To plan, prepare and deliver schemes of work in accordance with the academic programmes set out by the school.
- To assess and maintain records of children’s progress in learning, using this information to ensure that each child has the opportunity to succeed.
- To manage the classroom environment so that it is a stimulating, well-resourced and orderly space which supports and encourages learning.
- To use all relevant technology to support learning, understanding and development.
- To evaluate learning experiences and outcomes for children’s continual improvement.
- To develop the best combination of international and Chinese approaches to deliver a personalised bilingual curriculum.
- To work co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff.
- To participate in departmental, school-based and parental meetings.
- Monday – Friday
- 24 lessons per week – each lesson is 40 minutes long (16 teaching hours per week)
- Typical school term schedule
Salary & Benefits
- Salary – 250,000RMB – 438,000RMB per year
- Comprehensive medical cover for teacher, spouse and dependents
- Annual flights for teacher, spouse and dependents
- Housing allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Full remission for tuition fees of staff children
- Bachelor’s degree
- PGCE / QTS or equivalent
- Must have at least two years of teaching experience
- Experience working with children who have English as an additional language
- Native English speaker – Must hold a passport from AUS, CAN, IRE, NZ, SA, UK or USA
- Clean criminal record
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.