A brilliant academy located just outside of Tianjin is looking for a Homeroom Teacher to join their primary school. This school was established in 1955 by the local government to support the families of the international business community. They offer early childhood, primary and secondary educational programs, including a wide range of Advanced Placement (AP) offerings, to children of foreign and local families in the area. Their U.S. oriented curricula incorporates internationally-recognised learning standards, and academic core instruction is integrated with their core values, ensuring that their mission-driven program leads to well-rounded learners. They offer a wide variety of extracurricular programs, clubs and activities, and their interscholastic athletic program runs year-round. Although Chinese language and culture are incorporated into their curricula, English is their primary medium of instruction.
- Average class size – 16 students.
- Design purposeful, engaging and relevant lessons and activities with measurable learning outcomes; ensure students are aware of and pursue intended outcomes.
- Know and understand students; plan lessons and activities appropriate for the developmental level, individual language and learning needs, interests and culture.
- Ensure planning and instruction are sequential and aligned with established learning and curricular standards.
- Facilitate learning activities that are highly relevant and require critical and creative high-level thought; hold all students to a high standard of learning.
- Effectively apply current research-based pedagogical strategies, approaches and methodologies to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Intentionally facilitate and support academic language development to meet the needs of language learners in the mainstream classroom.
- Anticipate and prepare for student misunderstanding; plan for further explanation, re-teaching and support as necessary.
- Productively contribute to school growth and development (e.g. curriculum development and review, writing and submitting articles, school-level and accreditation committee work).
- Monday – Friday
- 7.45am – 4.00pm
- Typical school term schedule
Salary & Benefits
- Salary – 180,000RMB – 300,000RMB per year
- Housing provided, or housing allowance – 54,000 RMB per year
- Fully paid winter and summer vacation
- Health insurance for teachers and their dependents
- Flight allowance – 11,000 RMB per year
- Education for dependents (5-18 years)
- Personal Development Opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- PGCE / QTS or equivalent
- At least two years of teaching experience
- Native English speaker – Must hold a passport from AUS, CAN, IRE, NZ, SA, UK or USA
- Clean criminal record
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.