This school opened its first training centre in early 2013, and over the last eight years has established an amazing reputation whilst opening over twenty more schools spread over five tier 1 cities. They teach English through engaging with literature and writing practice for students aged 3-15, with no more than 10 students per class.
As a teacher here, in the beginning, it’s likely that you will predominantly take on the phonics, early reader program, and lower-level literature/writing coursework with the opportunity to teach picture books, novels, grammar, and different writing mediums as you progress. Each of the centres has a Library with over 5000 original English books. Students signing up for the Library follow a specially-developed Guided Reading Program designed to make students become independent readers while furthering their joy of reading.
This school is planning to continue its expansion both in the cities they are currently based, whilst also opening up centres in new cities. This position is ideal for both first-time teachers looking to gain experience within a training centre, and also experienced teachers who are seeking to further their career and potentially take on a management or headteacher role in the future!
- Deliver high-quality literature, writing, and phonics courses to students including assigned quizzes.
- Issue, explain and mark all tasks and assignments, including in-class and post-class assignments, to students and parents of younger students.
- Conduct phonics tests and free trials for new students and make recommendations for classes.
- Enforce a culture of English and other expectations through classroom discipline and focus.
- If your work schedule allows and you have an interest, there is an opportunity to assist with the development of our curriculum, winter and summer class materials, and also to assist with marketing events.
- Five days a week (three weekdays and Sat/Sun), with two consecutive days off on weekdays
- Weekday hours: 11am – 8pm
- Weekend hours: 9am – 6pm
- An average of 20 – 24 teaching hours per week
Salary & Benefits
- Salary – 18,000 – 23,000RMB per month
- Monthly teaching hours bonus and incentive bonus
- Contract completion bonus – 10,000RMB
- Flight reimbursement – 8,000RMB
- 15,000RMB start-up loan for accommodation (interest-free)
- Airport pickup
- Hotel provided upon arrival
- Health insurance
- Chinese Z visa provided, with any visa costs reimbursed
- All Chinese public holidays, plus 11 days of paid annual leave
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate
- Native English speaker – Must hold a passport from AUS, CAN, IRE, NZ, SA, UK, or USA
- Clean criminal record
- One year of teaching experience is preferred, but not essential
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.