This school was founded in 2001 and now has more than 19 years of experience delivering professional English training in the greater Shanghai area. With an enrolment of over 20,000 young learners, this school is one of China’s premier English language providers. They have 26 campuses, which are conveniently located throughout Shanghai, serving the language learning needs of the Chinese youth that live in the area.
Every teacher is provided with plenty of teaching resources, with every classroom in their schools utilising leading-edge technology as well as a proven teaching methodology to fully engage their young learners in the learning process. They use a world-class curriculum provided by Pearson, and their classrooms use TVs with touchscreen technology, interactive whiteboards, and built-in activities.
This opportunity is perfect for individuals who are completely new to teaching or have less than two years of experience, as the school provides an in-depth and comprehensive training program for all new teachers! They’ll prepare you to efficiently handle all aspects of the classroom environment, from the moment you take a look at that day’s lesson, to the moment you wave goodbye to your students as they exit the classroom. They’ll teach you about childhood development, how to motivate your students, effectively and successfully implementing PPP, activity design, classroom management, and discipline. They will also provide you with the guidelines with which to think independently and find your own style while supporting you through the early stages. The training they’ll provide you throughout the year will make sure that you continue to grow as a teacher and will help you reach your potential!
- Class size of between 8 – 15 students
- Understand and meet the requirements and learning outcomes set by the school
- Deliver high-quality reading and writing lessons to students, in an engaging manner
- Issue and explain all classroom tasks, quizzes, and homework, and make sure that all of this work is correctly marked to a high standard
- Give honest and constructive feedback to parents and families of students
- Monday to Friday (3 working days, 2 consecutive days off) – 1pm – 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday – 9am – 6pm
- 36 hours in total per week (24 teaching hours)
Salary & Benefits
- Salary – 24,000 – 28,000 RMB per month
- Contract completion bonus – 5,000 RMB
- 10 days annual leave, plus 11 days Chinese public holidays
- Flight ticket to Shanghai reimbursed
- Chinese Z visa provided, with any visa costs reimbursed
- Airport pickup
- Free hotel accommodation upon arrival
- Medical insurance provided
- Continuous on the job teacher training
- Career development opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate
- Native English speaker – Must hold a passport from AUS, CAN, IRE, NZ, SA, UK, or USA
- Clean criminal record
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.